CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Yes, Even Old Folks Need To Keep Learning

I have learned a lot these past weeks. I have learned that if you love someone with your entire heart, it's devastating when that heart is broken. I found myself curled into a ball on several occasions since Jack and Brie broke up. I found solace in a couple of my friends, I found discord with people I love, and I found peace within myself because my God was here. I have learned that I will not get so attached to the next boys to come along, or girl in Joseph's case, but I will love them and allow them a place in my heart. I will be able to let go a LOT easier than I was this time. I hear one friend tell me that I am completely demented, and he meant it, because of my feelings for Jack, and then I have another friend tell me that it makes sense because he was a part of my family for 2 years...a kid who raided my refrigerator, did his homework, played video games with my son, cried on my shoulder, and loved my daughter in my home 3 or 4 times a week. And he loved me...a lot! So how is it that I wouldn't get attached? I didn't appreciate being called "demented" but to some degree I agree. It really is ludicrous to still be hurting when both the kids have moved on to other people, however, my youth pastor told me that my empathy and my sometimes over-the-top feelings for the kids are why he needs me to be a leader in the first place. Apparently I have something none of the other leaders have...I have a unique ability to bond with the kids, listen and feel their pain so that I can understand it in order to help fix it, even if it causes me pain. OK, that's weird. I don't know if I like that. So, my question is...is this pain I feel right now mine or theirs? I hope it's mine...I don't want them to be hurting like this! Anyway, I have found peace and strength finally and I have even cleared out a place in my heart for the new boy...Curtiss...he's a champ of boys. The manners he has are impeccable and he is a true gentleman and funny as can be. I love him already, but at a distance...for now.

0 musings to share: