CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bad Blogger Alert

I was once confronted about my blog and told that if I can't write something positive, then I shouldn't write it down. Well, I haven't felt positive in a long time. I've tried...I guess I can say there is some positivity in my life because, with all that keeps happening to us financially, I haven't fallen apart like I have in the past. So that's something! Right? OK, so...I'm going to write down the bad stuff now because I want to document the way God gets us through it! As you know, or may know, we opted to let our house go back to the bank back in April and we moved into a tiny duplex. A 3-bedroom with 6 of us...Joseph doesn't have a room of his own since my grandma lives here, but he's been really great about it. The price tag is less than half of what we paid at the house...BONUS! We were doing great for about 6 weeks...then Erick lost his job at American General :( What a devastating blow. He found a job he likes right away, though, but for a huge pay cut. Steadily we have fallen behind again. Our church has helped us, he has had some promising opportunities arise, but only to be over-qualified for, or too far away to commute, or whatever reason they give. His most recent opportunity seems to be a great job, with a bad shift, but good pay and the opportunity for benefits later on! We'll hear something next week. God has helped us tremendously through our church, our friends, anonymous gifts, and the gift of time. Erick's original contract for this job he's doing was August 31st...it has since been extended through Thanksgiving! Giving us more time to find the job he needs, wants and loves. God is amazing and will see us through this trying time, even if we have to file bankruptcy, which is very certainly looming as things keep popping up and creditors keep wanting all we owe right this second and are not compassionate, which isn't their job and I understand that they do have this job to do. But, I've not lost hope...God will prevail and through Him, so will we!

0 musings to share: